Now that we are almost in April, I figured I’d better finish the Indiana series of posts. It has been almost two weeks since we got back already! I will post some pictures and explanations of some of the other highlights of our trip.
1. We had an extra hour or two between our hotel check-out time and when we had to be at the airport on the way home. We decided to go view Chicago from the top of the John Hancock building. Unfortunately, there were actually thunderstorms going on at that time with hail, lightening, and all so the visibility was not good….but we still had fun. Our ears actually popped as we went up in the elevator.
2. Elias had his first mohawk. As we were giving a sponge bath, we realized that he has enough hair to stick up in weird ways.
3. We got to celebrate great-grandpa’s 84th birthday at the Olive Garden. Here are Nathan and Elias with great-grandma and great-grandpa.
4. Since Purdue is located in Lafayette where Nathan’s dad lives, we drove past the campus many times. We bought Elias his first baseball cap sporting the Purdue logo.
5. On the day we went to the Shedd aquarium, we got a kick out of this “Man Hugging Fish” fountain/statue. Nathan couldn’t resist taking Elias up there for a picture.
6. Elias and Daddy got to wear compatible Linux t-shirts for the first time. A computer nerd in the making!
Our time in Indiana was wonderful. We are so glad we went.